Saturday, July 16, 2016

Every Season

I forgot to write marriage advice on a card at Caleb and Caroline's wedding... So I texted mine to Caroline.. and decided that since it had been forever since my last blog, that I would put some of my advice in with what the Lord has been teaching me.

When Cam and I got married a little over 5 years ago, I would've never guessed that we would've lived in 4 homes and 2 towns. I wouldn't have guessed that I wasn't teaching school right now. I wouldn't have guessed a lot of things. I say that to say, you can't really even imagine what all can happen in 5 years, much less 1 year. Life happens. Seasons change. BUT, God remains faithful through it all. He is there when you feel the world is against you. He is so good and He can be trusted. (My control freak self doesn't do so well with this sometimes.)

5 years. 4 homes. 7ish jobs for me. 3 jobs for Cam. Too many to count children's, youth, and mission trips to count. Currently in the adoption process and waiting. I wouldn't have any of it any other way, even when I didn't know what we were going to do at some points. I think that every season, every mountain we climb, every valley we might be in, and everything we experience is just molding us and growing us in the Lord. Sometimes I think God was just sitting there saying, "Sarah Beth, I am right here... You don't have to feel alone. I've been here all along. I will bind up your hurt. I will listen. I have great plans for you. I know what your future holds. Trust me. Please."


Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
    do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
    and he will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:5-6

The Lord is my strength and shield.
    I trust him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
    I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
Psalm 28:7

For the word of the Lord holds true, and we can trust everything he does.
Psalm 33:4

Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Psalm 37:3

It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in people.
Psalm 118:8

You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy.
1 Peter 1:8


These are just a few of the tons of times that the Bible talks about trusting in the Lord, yet sometimes this is one of the hardest things to do in the midst of adversity. He is trustworthy and He is faithful! I'm thankful for His grace in the times where I forget to trust Him.



To my Cam who has loved me and stood by my side for over 5 years now and loved me through it all, you are the best. I'm thankful for you. I'm thankful for your example of grace, love, and selflessness. I love you!

To our sweet family, who loves us and supports us every step of the way always. We love you all so very much.

To my precious friends, some of you live near and some of you far... but your encouragement and edification in my life is so needed and I love each of you for what you bring to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment