Sunday, June 20, 2010

faith. family. friends.

Okay, so this morning I went to support Cameron and the youth band from Central play at a church called WestStar Community Church in Temple. They did a great job! Last night the drummer got sick, so he couldn't even come and they did it without him. They did some awesome worship songs, a lot of my favorite ones actually: Take This City, Your Love Never Fails, Our God, and You Won't Relent. God has really been working in my heart about many things recently, I've talked about a few of them in notes on facebook and maybe a little in my first few blogs. He is continuing to work in me about not fearing things in life and totally and completely just fearing Him and rely on Him to guide and protect me. That even goes back to being at camp and the speaker talking about making sure that God knows we are in for His plan for our lives, whether that be ministry, missions, serving Him throughout our daily jobs in the community, etc. It just means that we are ready to do what He wants us to do no matter what He says.

Today was also Father's Day! I have to say I love my Dad. He is an awesome person! My Dad has two daughters and a wife. He has always been outnumbered in our household, and I would say that means he is a special man. I am so thankful for my Dad and the things that he has done for my sister and I. I am very blessed. I am not only thankful for my earthly Father, but for my Heavenly Father also. I don't think we necessarily think of our Heavenly Father on Father's Day, but He loves us even more than our earthly fathers. That is crazy to think about, but on this special day I am thankful for our Father in Heaven and my Dad!

This weekend Cameron and I got to hang out with Jessica and Luke, these are two special friends of ours that are getting married this upcoming weekend. I am so excited for these two and to be apart of their special day. Luke started seminary in California in January, so they will be moving there after this weekend to live. I am sad to see Jessica move (you too Luke! haha!), but I am so excited to see what God has in store for her as she gets to Pasadena. I know He is going to use her gifts in many ways there. Jessica has been one of my best friends for a long time. We actually have known each other since we were little kids, but we became friends in middle school. (Yes Jessica, I am going to tell the story!) I was in the 6th grade and she was in the 8th grade, and she invited me to spend the night and go to the movies with her. I was so excited and I thought I was really cool that an 8th grader was inviting me to spend time with her. Jessica and I have had so many fun memories together since then from slushie runs and musical to being disciple now leaders together to shopping to Cougars 4 Christ retreats. We have even enjoyed laughing at Cameron and Luke being crazy together, and even dressing up and acting like them. HaHa! I am excited to add her special day to our memories that we already share together. I love you Jessica (and Luke) and I am so excited for you both! Saturday is going to be a wonderful and special day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment