Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mercy

When I think of the mercy of God, I think of how huge the definition of that word means. The mercy of God is when He shows us compassion and kindness. We need this in order to have forgiveness of our sin. God's mercies are new EVERY morning!!

Lamentations 3:21-23 "Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning."

The mercy of the Lord is all throughout scripture. His has mercy on us as well when we mess up, and that is when He shows us grace!

Hebrews 4:16 "Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

I love this part of the song "Amazing Grace My Chains Are Gone" by Chris Tomlin.
[[and like a flood His mercy rains, unending love, amazing grace!]]



1 comment:

  1. Sarah Beth, you are a blessing to me! I enjoy reading your blog. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete