Wednesday, July 7, 2010

John 10:10

"The thief comes only to steal, kill, and destroy. I have come that you might have life and have it to the full!" John 10:10

"Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are." 1 Peter 5:8-9

"So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:7

Sometimes I forget about the devil and how he is out to devour us! I remember him, but I don't think about watching for what he is about to do to wreck my walk with the Lord and keep me from growing closer to the Lord. He knows where we are weak, therefore like it says in the Bible we need to watch, because he prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. It sounds so crazy, but after reading just the 3 verses I think about how the devil was attacking things I did just today. He doesn't want us to be happy and tell others about the Lord. He doesn't want us to be happy in our own skin, he wants us to think we are ugly and need to lose weight or whatever. He doesn't want us to be positive, he wants us to be negative.The devil does not want us to tell others about the God of the Universe.


I know that isn't the happiest thing to think about, but if we don't think about that or recognize that in our lives then we are going to be devoured by the devil. That is why we need to live Christlike and grow in our relationships with the Heavenly Father.


1 comment: