Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Mighty Fortress

This weekend was fabulous. I got a lot done for school, which is a plus. To start the weekend off my family and I went to drop my sister off for her World Changers mission trip with the youth group on Friday night. They are in New Jersey this week doing construction work. I used to love World Changers when I was in the youth group, it is amazing to see how many people come to know Jesus through a bunch of teenagers working on their roof, painting their house, etc. My sister was super excited about World Changers, she looks forward to it every summer. She loves to serve the Lord by helping people in need, so I know from talking with her she was excited for this trip. I am going to admit that I really wanted to go on the trip, but I have school. The youth got to also go to a Mets game or to see Mary Poppins on Broadway yesterday in New York and go to the Brooklyn Tabernacle today before their week of hard work began. Please be praying for the teenagers and adults that are serving in New Jersey this week.

On Saturday, I worked on homework and then Cameron and I went out to Atlanta for dinner. I changed my mind about 15 times about where I wanted to eat. We ended up at Papadeux Seafood House and it was fabulous! I love shrimp, so I was a happy girl. We didn't mean to end up there, but we did and it was great!

Today I finally got to go to Passion City Church and it was awesome!! I am definitely going to go back! God is definitely working in the new church that Passion has started. My mom has been wanting to go, so we finally went. It was my Mom, Dad, Cameron, Malone, and I. We had an awesome night of worship. Louie Giglio talked about how we need to go to God expecting! We need to say that we believe God can do miracles, if we don't do that then we really don't believe He can. It clearly says in the word that he made a blind man see, made a paralyzed man begin to walk, and so many more miracles. I could go on and on, but I won't since I have already written a lot today. I will share a new song I learned tonight by Christy Nockels called "A Mighty Fortress".

Our God is a consuming fire,
A burning holy Flame, with glory and freedom
Our God is, the only righteous judge,
Ruling over us with kindness and wisdom

We will keep our eyes on You
We will keep our eyes on You

A mighty fortress is our God
A sacred refuge is Your Name
Your Kingdom is unshakable
With You forever we will reign

Our God is, jealous for His own
None could comprehend, His love and His mercy
Our God is exalted on His throne
High above the heavens
Forever He's worthy...

We will keep our eyes on You
We will keep our eyes on You
So we can set our hearts on You
Lord we will set our hearts on You!

No comments:

Post a Comment