Monday, July 26, 2010

Mini Summer Break and Senior Year of College

So this past weekend was so great! On Friday, I went with my sister to see Ramona and Beezus! It was so good! I loved it. That night I went to my grandparents' house to celebrate my Bob Bob's birthday with my family. We had a lot of fun! On Saturday, I went and hung out with Valerie at her house while they had a yard sale for a little while. It was fun! It made me laugh how many people tried to talk down the price on items that were already so low in price. That night Cameron and I had to pick some people up from our church that went on a medical mission trip to Guatemala. It was definitely cool to hear how God worked while they were in Guatemala. Sunday I had the privilege of going to see some of my IMPACT children at Stone Mountain after church. We had a great time seeing each other and catching up on the rest of the summer after camp. I didn't even plan this reunion one of my "children" Ellen did. It is so encouraging to me to see these youth care about each other so much that they actually want to stay in touch and do things together as much as possible throughout the year. I can say that as many friends as I made at camp we never did anything with each other after camp, but these youth did and that was awesome!



It is the end of summer semester! I am definitely relieved. I go to my last math class tomorrow night and then I am done, except for one online test that I will take this weekend. I am excited about a mini break from school! I don't go back until August 16th, so I am very excited about that. I am going with my mom, dad, my sister Caroline, her friend Bailee, and Cameron to the lake on Wednesday night. I am super excited about that! It will be my only vacation that I have had this summer.

I was thinking the other day about how this is it-this is my last year of college. I am a senior! I mean I knew this, but as it continues to get here it becomes more of a reality. One of my best friends Valerie graduates in December and we were talking about how it is here. It seems like just yesterday we were freshmen at the University of Alabama, but now we are seniors! It has been such a fun journey and I am so excited to see what this year brings. I can say that college has definitely made my walk with the Lord so incredible. I went off to school and made my faith my own. I grew up in church and went with my parents all of the time, but when I went off to school I chose to get involved on my own. It has been an amazing experience being apart of campus ministries at both Alabama and Columbus State. Cougars for Christ at Columbus has definitely made the biggest impact on my life, because I have been a part of it for a longer time. I actually did some activities with them before I was even a student at CSU. God has taught me so much and I know He will continue to do so this year and as I go on in my journey of life.

I found this verse today that I just really loved a lot and I wanted to share it:
"When the cares of my heart are many, Your consolations cheer my soul." Psalm 94:19

God is always there and brings JOY to us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment